2022 WA International Tertiary Student of the Year
NOMINATIONS FOR 2022 CISWA AWARDS HAVE CLOSED!
The CISWA WA International Tertiary Student of the Year Award is about recognising the significant contribution that international students make to the Western Australian community.
CISWA seeks to acknowledge an international student, who has demonstrated academic excellence and has contributed to enhancing the student experience both in the school and in the community.
In selecting the recipient of this award, the student’s achievements and contributions during their time as an international student in Australia are taken into consideration. Additional weight is given to any activities which promote interaction with Australian students and with the local community.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Any current international students living and studying in Western Australia
- A student can be nominated by their institution.
- A student can also self-nominate but must provide an academic referee.
The Selection Panel will consider some or all of the following in the context of Western Australia:
- Involvement in activities linking international students with local community
- Involvement in activities promoting interaction between Australian and international students
- Demonstrated academic excellence – at least Credit average
- Voluntary work beyond paid employment
- Nominee must currently hold a student visa and be enrolled in a university course in WA
- Relatives of current CISWA Executives are not eligible for the award
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years
2022 KEY DATES
- 12 September – Applications Open
- 21 October – Applications Close (5pm)
- 9 November – Judging Completed
- 24 November – International Tertiary Student and International VET Student of the Year winners announced at StudyPerth International Student Ambassador Farewell and Launch
- 30 November – All award winners announced at StudyPerth AGM and End of Year Event