The CISWA WA International VET Student of the Year Award is about recognising the significant contribution that international students make to the Western Australian community.
CISWA seeks to acknowledge an international student, who has demonstrated academic excellence and has contributed to enhancing the student experience both on and off campus.
In selecting the recipient of this award, the student’s achievements and contributions during their time as an international student in Australia will be taken into consideration. Additional weight will be given to any activities which promote interaction with Australian students and with the local community.
The achievements and contributions of the winning student will be promoted through the education sector’s peak bodies, higher education media and the CISWA website.
2018 Winner: WA International Student of the Year – Cendranata Wibawa Ongkowijoyo (UWA)
Who Can Apply?
- Any current international students living and studying in Western Australia
- CISWA accepts nomination by an institution, colleague or friend
The Selection Panel will consider some or all of the following in the context of Western Australia:
- Involvement in activities linking international students with local community
- Involvement in activities promoting interaction between Australian and international students
- Demonstrated academic excellence – at least Credit average
- Voluntary work beyond paid employment
- Nominees must currently hold a student visa
- Current CISWA Executives are not eligible to apply or nominate for the award
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years
2019 Key Dates
- 8 April – Applications Open
- 22 May – Applications Close (5pm)
- 8 June – Judging Completed
- 27 June – Winner announced at the CISWA 26th Annual Winter Conference