Useful Information Services

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

This organisation provides free financial assistance to those students who legitimately wish to return to their home country but are unable to do so due to lack of money.

Ph:1300 116 976

Welfare Rights & Advocacy Service

We can provide independent advice, information, referral and ongoing casework assistance including representation and advocacy if you have a:

  • Centrelink issue
  • Family Assistance Office issue
  • Residential Tenancy issue (including private and public housing)
  • Social Security Prosecution issue.

Interpreting Services

Translation and Interpreter Service (TIS)         Tel: 13 14 50

Legal Advice and Assistance

The International Education Conciliator provides legal advice in relation to disputes or grievances between students and their educational campuses or universities.

Citizens Advice Bureau

Law Society of WA

Legal Aid Commission of W.A.

Sussex Street Community Law Service

Curtin Student Assist Service

Youth Legal Service

Consulates & Embassies

Please check the website of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for updated information.