NOMINATIONS FOR THE CISWA AWARDS 2020 HAVE NOW BEEN CLOSED!
2020 has been a challenging year for international students and professional staff working in the international education industry. This year in particular CISWA would like to acknowledge and celebrate achievements of students and staff in the past year. CISWA Awards have been delayed this year due to COVID-19 pandemic, but are now ready to launch.
The CISWA WA International School Student of the Year Award is about recognising the significant contribution that international students make to the Western Australian community.
CISWA seeks to acknowledge an international student, who has demonstrated academic excellence and has contributed to enhancing the student experience both in the school and in the community.
In selecting the recipient of this award, the student’s achievements and contributions during their time as an international student in Australia will be taken into consideration. Additional weight will be given to any activities which promote interaction with Australian students and with the local community.
The achievements and contributions of the winning student will be promoted through the education sector’s peak bodies, higher education media and the CISWA website.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Any current international school student living in Western Australia and studying at either a government or private school
- CISWA accepts nomination by a school
The Selection Panel will consider some or all of the following in the context of Western Australia:
- Involvement in activities linking international students with local community
- Involvement in activities promoting interaction between Australian and international students
- Demonstrated academic excellence – at least Credit average
- Voluntary work beyond paid employment
- Nominees must currently hold a student visa
- Relatives of current CISWA Executives are not eligible for the award
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years
2020 Key Dates:
- 12 October – Applications Open
- 6 November – Applications Close (5pm)
- 26 November – Judging Completed
- 10 December – Winners announced at StudyPerth AGM and Christmas Mixer
This award is proudly sponsored by: